The Community Development Division is responsible for the administration and implementation of funds and programs from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). These funds are primarily designed to help improve the overall housing stock within the City of Middletown and to maintain a quality standard of living for its citizens. Please send the MPHA Public Comments by email.
Annual Action Plans & Substantial Amendments
Read through our past and current Annual Action Plans and Substantial Amendments. Please send your comments by email.
View the Most Recent Annual Action Plan and Substantial Amendment (PDF) | View All Annual Action Plans and Substantial Amendments
Consolidated Annual Performance & Evaluation Reports
Look through our Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Reports. Please send your comments by email.
View the Most Recent Performance and Evaluation Report (PDF) | View All Performance and Evaluation Reports
Vacant Lot Program
- Requirements to Purchase Side Lots from City of Middletown (PDF)
- Application for Vacant (City owned) Lot Purchase (PDF)
Process to Purchase Property
- Review the Requirements to Purchase Side Lots.
- If you feel you meet the requirements, complete the Application for Vacant Lot Purchase.
- Submit the application to the Office of Administrative Services Community Development via email (Idah@cityofmiddletown.org), regular mail, or drop it off in person on the 3rd floor of the City Building by Building Inspections.
- When the Office of Administrative Services Community Development receives your application, it will confirm with each department that you meet the criteria stated in the Requirements to Purchase Side Lots.
- After the criteria for eligibility is confirmed, the Application must be approved by the Middletown City Council.
- Deeds will be prepared by legal counsel and will contain deed restrictions, including, but not limited to a restriction that a vacant lot may not be resold without written approval from the City for a period of five (5) years from the closing date unless sold in conjunction with Purchasers existing lot.
- Upon closing, the purchaser will be responsible for all closing costs, including recording fees. The City will not provide title insurance to the purchaser. The purchase may independently purchase title insurance through a title company.